The C-SPAN Campaign 2016 Bus will visit Kentucky State University (KSU) from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, October 6 in front of the Carl M. Hill Student Center. The 45-foot-long bus is an interactive, multimedia learning center that brings C-SPAN’s coverage of public affairs to communities nationwide and teaches students, teachers and the public how to follow politics and history. CSPAN 1, 2 and 3 are available on FPB Classic Cable channels 14, 15 16 and in HD on 514, 515 and 516.
Aboard the C-SPAN Bus, visitors are invited to learn about C-SPAN’s Campaign 2016 coverage through a campaign app which allows visitors to explore potential presidential candidates, events, and footage from the campaign trail. In addition, through interactive exhibits, students and educators will learn about the public affairs network’s programs and resources, including its in-depth coverage of the U.S. Congress, White House, federal courts, and the American political process.
Visitors to the Campaign 2016 Bus will experience the following through engagement with C-SPAN representatives and on-board interactive technology:
• Campaign 2016 App populated with candidate video from the campaign trail.
• In-depth public affairs programming and educational resources.
• Touch-screen quizzes on C-SPAN and the three branches of government.
• Mobile devices demonstrating C-SPAN resources on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and mobile apps.
• HD cameras and production equipment capable of producing public affairs programming aboard the bus.