Down Home BBQ Popcorn
Yield: 8 cups
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
8 cups air-popped popcorn
¼ cup clarified butter (helps prevent sogginess; may use regular melted butter)
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1. Combine brown sugar, Cajun seasoning mix, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl.
2. Melt ¼ cup butter. Cool slightly, then pour off the clear melted butter layer into a small bowl. Discard the opaque milky solids that remain behind.
3. Stir the liquid smoke into the butter.
4. Place popcorn in a large bowl, and drizzle it with butter mixture. Toss to coat the popcorn well.
5. Sprinkle sugar-seasoning mixture over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
6. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Liquid smoke can be found with the barbecue sauces/condiments section of large grocery stores.
Recipe from popcorn.org
Settle in tonight with the Starz original series The The White Queen while enjoying some Down Home BBQ popcorn.
The first episode of The White Queen aired on Starz August 10 and is available on VOD. You can also stream the premiere episode for free on the Starz website here.
The White Queen is a riveting portrayal of one of the most dramatic and turbulent times in English history. A story of love and lust, seduction and deception, betrayal and murder, it is uniquely told through the perspective of three different, yet equally relentless women - Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret Beaufort and Anne Neville. In their quest for power, they will scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne.
The year is 1464, before the Tudor dynasty ruled the country, and war has been ravaging throughout England over who is the rightful King. It is a bitter dispute between two sides of the same family, The House of York and The House of Lancaster.
The House of York’s young and handsome Edward IV is crowned King of England with the help of the master manipulator, Lord Warwick “The Kingmaker.” But when Edward falls in love with a beautiful Lancastrian commoner, Elizabeth Woodville, Warwick’s plan to control the throne comes crashing down.
A violent, high-stakes struggle ensues between Elizabeth, her most fierce adversary, Lancastrian Margaret Beaufort, and Anne Neville, the pawn in her father’s power game - each woman vying for the crown.